Last Updated: June 2nd, 2022
steps we take to protect your data. Usage of this Website and the Service are governed under this Privacy
The "Service" refers to
- This website, including its subdomains and any other website through which Ostra's services may be
- The Application Programming Interfaces (API);
- Integrations within third-party applications or services (including but not limited to Ostra's Discord
- We only collect what we need. We don't store much about you, only what is necessary to provide
the Service and a good user experience.
- Your data is kept private. We don't share your data with any third-parties. This website
doesn't have ads either.
- Not much data is required. In most cases, only the most basic information about your Discord
account and your Discord server is necessary to use Ostra.
- We plan to keep it that way. Every new feature or service released by Ostra is carefully
designed to protect your privacy as much as possible.
What data is collected?
This depends on how the Service is used by the User in question. For all Users of the Service, the following is
NOTE: This data may be collected without the user explicitly interacting with Ostra. This basic data is
essential for the operation of the Service.
- Discord ID;
- Discord Username;
- Discord Discriminator;
- Moderation actions performed by or against the User's Discord account;
- The User's permissions in Discord servers using Ostra;
For Discord servers using Ostra, the following is collected about the server:
NOTE: These lists are not 100% exhaustive, and the data collected about Users and Discord servers may change
as Ostra makes changes to the Service.
- Server ID;
- Server name;
- Server member count;
- Moderation actions and configuration changes performed by server members;
How do we use it?
User and server data may be used to:
- Provide the expected functionality of the Service;
- Monitor the Service and our Platforms to ensure smooth operation of the Service;
- Make improvements to the Service;
- Provide a personalized experience on the Service;
- Better understand our userbase through aggregated analytics;
- Protect us, the Service, and our Users from malicious Users or Discord servers violating our
Terms of Service;
How long is it stored?
In most cases, indefinitely. Ostra does not automatically delete data from inactive Users or Discord servers, as
it is required to continue to provide the Service to active Users. Most data stored by Ostra is for the
moderation features of the Service, which would become unreliable if Users could delete or tamper with this
What steps do we take to protect it?
We take security very seriously, both in terms of the Service itself, as well as our Users and their data. Ostra
does not share User data with any third-parties. Additionally, we routinely monitor our infrastructure to ensure
the continued secure operation of the Service.
Updates to this policy
for legal or regulatory purposes, or to prevent abuse on or of our Services or Platforms. Ostra will provide a
reasonable advance notice when such changes are being made, except in the event the changes being made are
urgent. By continuing to use the Website, the Service, or the Platforms following changes to this Privacy
Policy, it means you agree to the changes. If you disagree, you must stop using them.