Ostra's Terms of Service
Last Updated: May 31st, 2022
Welcome! These Terms govern the usage of this website, any of Ostra's APIs or services (the Service), membership
or usage of Ostra's Discord server, social media, or discussion boards (the Platforms), and any other legal
relationship or agreement with Ostra in a legally binding way.
The "Service" refers to
- This website, including its subdomains and any other website through which Ostra's services may be
- The Application Programming Interfaces (API);
- Integrations within third-party applications or services (including but not limited to Ostra's Discord
- Usage of this Website and the Service is age-restricted. Minors may access this Website and use the
Service only with parental consent.
- All interactions between users on Ostra's Platforms and Services ("User Interaction") is subject to
these Terms as well. In the event of extenuating circumstances, Ostra may take action even if such
misconduct occurred outside of Ostra's Platforms and Services if it is proven to have harmed Ostra, its
users, or its staff members.
- Usage of Ostra's Discord bot is subject to both these Terms as well as
Discord's Terms of Service.
Who can use Ostra?
By using this Website, the Service, or the Platforms, Users must be 13 years old or older, and have parental
consent to use the Service if they are between the ages of 13 and 17. There are no restrictions for Users in
terms of being Consumers or Business Users.
This Website, the Service, and the Platforms may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for,
under these Terms and applicable law. Users are solely responsible for ensuring that their usage of this
Website, the Service, and the Platforms violate no applicable laws, regulations, third-party rights, or these
Terms. Ostra reserves the right to take any appropriate measures to protect itself and its users by denying
Users access to the Website, the Service, or the Platforms, terminating contracts, and reporting illegal
activity to law enforcement where applicable. Examples of these violations include but are not limited to:
- Attempting to mislead or cause harm to the Service, the Platforms, or other Users;
- Distributing malware, trojans, or other harmful files with the intent to cause damage to the Service,
the Platforms, the User, or other Users;
- Using the Service to violate a third-party's rights;
- Promoting activity that may endanger the User's life or the life of another User or lead to physical
harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats, threats of violence, the use of illegal
drugs, excessive use of alcohol;
- Pretending to fullfil any condition or requirement for using the Service, such as being of legal age or
qualifying as a Consumer;
- Posting scams, spamming, sending unsolicited advertisements, phishing, or any other form of content that
disrupts the Service, the Platforms, or any User's experience or security;
- When using Ostra's Discord bot, any action that violates
Discord's Terms of Service;
The Service is provided "as is" and "as available". Use of the Service is at Users' own risk. To the maximum
extent permitted by applicable law, Ostra expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties —
whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of
merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or
information, whether oral or written, obtained by users or through the Service will create any warranty not
expressly stated herein. Ostra is not responsible or liable for the third party uses of our Products and
Services. Ostra is not liable nor responsible for statements made by third parties using our Services or
Products. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone without reason. Any violation of Ostra's Terms of
Service will incur a ban of purchasing and/or using any future products and/or services.
Updates to these terms
We may decide to update these Terms at any time to reflect on changes to the Service or the Platforms, for legal
or regulatory purposes, or to prevent abuse on or of our Services or Platforms. Ostra will provide a reasonable
advance notice when such changes are being made, except in the event the changes being made are urgent. By
continuing to use the Website, the Service, or the Platforms following changes to these Terms, it means you
agree to the changes. If you disagree, you must stop using them.